Blessed are the hungry, for they shall be filled.

Recipes

Ninety-Nine Random Facts About Me

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Joshua

I can't believe a year has flown by since I brought my beautiful baby boy, Joshua home from the hospital. He has been a joy and a sweet, easy baby. God saw fit that I needed a blessing from above and he did deliver!We spent the day with good friends and joy a plenty. It is amazing to know that you can still have a great spread with gluten free food - chicken, beef, taco toppings, refried beans, Mexican white rice, etc. And for the cake? I love the chocolate cake recipe from Carol Fenster - it's a winner! I've wanted to try others, but you know how it is. When you're getting ready for an "event" you just want to stick to the "tried and true".

I decided to do the cake the night before and I'm glad I did. For some reason, I just had trouble with frosting, decorating, etc. I've reached a point in my life though (2 kids later, older, and more tired) when I can say, "It is what it is" and leave it be. It actually looked better the next day when I was more rested and just glad it was done!

I want to thank all of you for reading this blog and returning to visit even though I haven't posted in awhile. I hope to get back in the blogging groove soon.

God Bless You in 2009!
Debbie

2 comments:

The Gluten-Free 'Dish' said...

Happy Birthday to Joshua! He looks so cute! If he is the 10th then we share the same birthday.
Your cake is beautiful and I have copied the recipe and will try to make it soon.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Deborah! I have so enjoyed this cake recipe knowing that it will come out great. It really is best room temperature and not refrigerated, although I ended up doing that in order to frost it the night before. I doubled + 1/2 of a recipe for a 13X9 pan.