Blessed are the hungry, for they shall be filled.

Recipes

Ninety-Nine Random Facts About Me

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pancake Recipe Revision

I've always loved pancakes and my son does too. I usually make a double batch and freeze what's left over. That makes an easy breakfast because I can just put them in the toaster - same for waffles! I think the favorite here is to add chocolate chips and I recently bought some beautiful strawberries from Costco to add on top. I LOVE strawberries fresh and ripe! I'd really love blueberry pancakes as well but the men in my life aren't crazy about them.

Recently, I couldn't remember my pancake recipe by heart and went to look for it in my notebook that I've crammed too much stuff in. I couldn't find it and went online for the recipe on my blog. I knew something was wrong when I made them up because this time they were too runny. Yikes! I've posted an incorrect recipe - I omitted the tapioca or corn starch for this recipe. I'm so sorry for anyone who went to the trouble to try it out and found it wasn't so great.

Here's the correct recipe (and a thousand pardons:))

Saturday Morning Buttermilk Pancakes

Whip two egg whites in your mixer bowl then set aside to fold in later.
Mix:
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Add 1 teaspoon baking soda while mixing the above.

In a separate bowl mix:
1 ¼ cup rice flour
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sorghum
1 cup tapioca starch or cornstarch
¼ heaping cup ground flax
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum

Add dry to wet ingredients.

While mixing, add 4 tablespoons oil.
Fold in your egg whites.
Yum!

No comments: