Blessed are the hungry, for they shall be filled.

Recipes

Ninety-Nine Random Facts About Me

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hot Days

I'm glad to report that Joshua is doing well. He had his echocardiogram a week ago at the Children's Hospital in Portland. There's no dilation of his coronary arteries which means there's no longterm damage to them. There's still inflammation showing up which is fairly normal with Kawasaki Disease. Right now is a window after the onset when he can develop an aneurysm (although not likely since he was treated so early) We are praying that it will be all resolved by his next echo. As you can see from the pictures, he is on the move again and back to a normal toddler.
















Nathan has eight days left for Kindergarten which is hard to believe. I've been working the past year as an instructional assistant at his school, so I'll be off for the summer as well pretty soon. I'm ready to apply for my Oregon Teaching License and put an application in at the local district. I know that with the budget there are no new jobs being created. Still, I'm hopeful. The Lord blessed me with a wonderful job before, and I know he can do it again. There's always someone who leaves, resigns, or another job created before the next school year starts. I do know that I probably won't get anything until right before, but I'm preparing now, getting out my teaching materials and familiarizing myself with things again. I'll certainly keep you posted on that!


Well, this has nothing to do with what I just wrote, but I did want to put my two cents in about the new Chex cereals that are gluten free. I was at Winco at "O' dark thirty" one morning when my bleary eyes spotted the large labeling on the front of the Honey Nut and Corn Chex. I was ecstatic!!! Yes, like I've said before, I am hopeful for all the changes that will happen in the next few years. I will be so happy if they can come up with a cure for my boy or at least some kind of enzyme intervention to allow him to "indulge" from time to time. For now, as you can see, he is just enjoying life as a young boy.



Thanks to all of you for your prayers and for stopping by!

Debbie

1 comment:

Amy Green said...

I am so grateful to learn that your precious baby is out of the woods. I will include him and your family in my prayers.