Blessed are the hungry, for they shall be filled.

Recipes

Ninety-Nine Random Facts About Me

Monday, April 12, 2010

Two-year Olds Can Put on their Own Boots


It's a beautiful day here in the Willamette Valley. For all of you out-of-state folks, I'm talkin' about Oregon. It rained last night, the grass is almost neon green and the sun is shinning in that almost summer kind of way.

I'm trying to get old photos scanned (for my husband's family no less!). Gee...I must be some kind of saint. Anyway Joshua, a.k.a. "Little Man" is no dummy. He's already fetched his boots and put them on. Surprisingly, they're on the right foot most of the time, although I never know whether he's left his socks on or not. We have a beautiful piece of property to explore, but alas! there's no fenced-in yard. That means I'll be donning my boots as soon as I can and be outside with him.

I never know what direction I'll head in. Lately he's into picking up spiders running all over the ground or opening the door to the chicken coop. Then there's goat poop that he seems so interested in or mud puddles begging to be splashed in. It's not that I don't let my boys get muddy - I just like them to be outside more than a few minutes before they're covered in it.

I'm not sure how pioneer women managed it all and without a washing machine, no less! Maybe they had more time since there were no cell phones, email, or television. Hmmm...

Blessings!

1 comment:

The Gluten-Free 'Dish' said...

He is a cutie! Enjoy your beautiful weather. Happy times.