Blessed are the hungry, for they shall be filled.

Recipes

Ninety-Nine Random Facts About Me

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Barbecue Sauce


I love grilled food. It tastes wonderful and clean-up is a breeze. It also happens to be cooking that my husband is very good at and wants to do. That works for me. It goes hand in hand with busy summer days and outdoor weather. We recently bought a new grill because our old one literally fell apart. I shall miss using it as fall is just around the corner here. But for now, we are enjoying barbecued chicken tonight!


I have a great recipe below for barbecue sauce. It is great on chicken, sandwiches, burgers, and with meatballs. I usually make a double recipe and put some in the freezer. I love having stuff stocked in there. Unfortunately mine is getting very, very low and I need to get busy!


BBQ Sauce
2 cups ketchup
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (I add a little extra to get a rich dark look to the sauce)
1/2 cup chopped onion (please use fresh!)
1-2 teaspoon liquid smoke or add to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Put all in a saucepan and heat to boiling. Take out only what you need to glaze and barbecue with. Store the rest in the fridge or freeze it.




No comments: